Sunday 22 September 2013

Press Release



What



When

Where

How to book a free place
V-Talk! The Vagina Monologues workshop.
Part of global V-Day movement during this year’s Everybody’s Reading festival.

On the 5th October 2013; 11am-5pm.

Duffy’s Bar, 8 Pocklingtons Walk, LE1 6BU, Leicester.

malena.korytkowska@gmail.com mobile: 07576531511

V-Day is a global movement to end violence against women and girls. It’s inspired by “The Vagina Monologues”, a play by Eve Ensler.

"V-Talk! The Vagina Monologues workshop" is based on this play and it is a prelude to bring the V-Day movement to Leicester.  The workshop is a space for women only. Participants are going to be reading selections from the play and then discussing them. We are going to conduct a couple of activities which explore how images of women are shown and seen publicly. And then we are going to talk about how these representations of us make us feel.

This workshop WILL start to make a difference!

Magdalena Korytkowska, organizer of the workshop, said:  “This play, as well as the V-Day movement which it inspired, helped me to discover exactly what being a woman means. I am not only proud now that I am a woman but what is more I enjoy being one. I would like to share this pride with other women who are ready to question the roles that society has placed them in.”

Jo Twist, a poet and activist from Leicester, said: ‘I met Magdalena when she was part of a workshop at last year’s festival, one that I helped run with Magnus Gestsson, that looked at how the mass media can be used as an inspiration for art and poetry. Since then I have been involved in Magdalena’s ongoing creative work and I’m … impressed. I’m sure that ‘V-Talk!’ will have a bigger impact than our workshop … it will be more inspiring …. It will create change.’


No comments:

Post a Comment